Wat Chiang Man
Is the oldest temple in Chiang Mai. Built in 1296 by King Mengrai of the Lanna kingdom.
Located between Phra Pok Klao 13 Road and Ratchaphakhinai 1 Road. North east corner of the old walled town Chiang Mai. The temple is open from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm.
Elephant chedi is the oldest structure
Large viharn, houses the oldest Buddha image in Chiang Mai
The ubosot has a stone in front, dated 1581 that mentions the exact date the city of Chiang Mai was founded, 12 April 1296